January 17, 2023
pSeven Enterprise v2023.01 Release
pSeven development team announces the release of pSeven Enterprise v2023.01, a new version of our low code cloud-native collaborative platform for building, deploying and operating different models and processes at scale. It brings a lot of improvements and updates. Take a look what's new below.
Updates and Changes
- Updated the Runs pane in AppsHub:
- You can rename completed runs.
- Runs in the list can be grouped by adding a common prefix to their names - the prefix is used as the run group name. The prefix should be separated from the run name with a dot (.)
- Updated the run list sorting and filtering options.
- Clicking an app thumbnail on the main AppsHub page opens the app info page with a list of app runs.
- Pack any of your files into a ZIP archive using the new Zip command from the menu in Explorer to free up some storage space or to spend less time downloading a single large file.
- Redesigned the workflow reference dialog for more convenience. You can select a workflow to be referenced from the list, which displays all workflows you have previously opened, and filter that list by typing a part of the workflow name. To select a workflow you have never opened yet, use the Folder button or copy the workflow path into the dialog.
- To reduce inconvenience caused by long port names while setting up links, the Links and Autolink dialogs are now resizeable.
- Updated and fixed the dictionary editor in the Edit value dialog.
- Design space exploration block (beta): reworked the handling of discrete variables in the Surrogate-based optimization and Adaptive design technique algorithms, improving result quality and algorithm stability in tasks with discrete variables.
- Python script block: if you configure the block to run on a Windows extension node, the comtypes module is now available in the block's script.
- Upgraded the embedded pSeven Core package to version 6.41.
- Updated section Basic concepts in workflow guides to describe composite block information ports and parallelization settings.
Deployment and administration
- Fixed a vulnerability issue where a user could start uploading a large file that exceeds the user's storage quota, consuming most of the free disk space in the user data storage and causing various issues for all pSeven Enterprise users.
- Fixed an issue where user data could exceed the user's storage quota - for example, certain files in workflow run results were quota-free.
- Fixed an issue with run resource management where a block running on a Windows extension node could exceed its memory usage limit but was not stopped properly, potentially consuming all memory available on the node.
- Updated the pSeven Enterprise deployment guide.
User block development
- Implemented the code cache for blocks intended to run on Windows extension nodes.
- Blocks intended to run on Windows extension nodes may now use the comtypes Python module.
- Enabled Python print() in the block code for debugging purposes.
pSeven Enterprise v2023.01 also includes other changes and bugfixes — please check the release changelog for a full list. You can also contact us to get more information and pSeven Enterprise updates.